Doctors have prescribed oxycodone for relieving moderate to severe pain since 1917. Typically, you may experience pain after injuries, surgical procedures or cancer treatments. In clinical use, oxycodone is also prescribed for those who suffer from neuropathic pain, such as from diabetic neuropathy.
Oxycodone affects your central nervous system. The drug is part of a group of medications known as narcotic analgesics. It’s available in a capsule, a tablet, a solution or an extended-release variation. All forms produce the same effect, although your body absorbs some forms faster so it takes effect faster. OxyContin is a brand of oxycodone, developed in the 1970s, that’s become popular as a street drug.
The Need for Oxycodone Addiction Treatment
Even at prescribed doses, oxycodone can become habit-forming. For this reason, you must take the drug exactly as prescribed. Misuse, especially when used without a prescription, is what causes addiction, overdose and death.
When you use oxycodone over a long period, you experience both mental and physical dependence. Addiction isn’t something that suddenly disappears. If you were to stop taking the drug all of a sudden, it would cause withdrawal side effects. Only the best drug rehab centers in Europe can help you end your addiction while minimizing the side effects.
Common Symptoms of Oxycodone Addiction
While you’re using the drug, you may experience some common side effects, such as unusually difficult bowel movements or a significant loss of strength. Over time, you may notice yourself feeling drowsy to an extreme. You may even fall into extremely relaxed states that lead to frequent periods of deep sleep.
As you use the drug more, your tolerance increases and you need more of the drug to get the same effect. This cycle sets up the risk of a possible overdose. Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of these more serious symptoms of an overdose:
- Extreme drowsiness
- A slow or irregular heartbeat
- Contracted pupils with little reaction to light
- Decreased awareness or responsiveness
- Chest pain
- No muscle movement
- Loss of consciousness
Experiencing symptoms of addiction can be scary. Realizing you have a problem is always the first step — even the top drug rehab clinic in the world can’t help an addict who doesn’t want help. Once you acknowledge your addiction issues and you’re ready to change your life, seek oxycodone addiction treatment.
Finding a Top Drug Rehab Clinic
Once you realize that you or your loved one needs oxycodone addiction treatment, you’ll want nothing but the drug rehab with the highest success rate. Whether you’re looking in your own city, state or country, or whether you’d consider the best rehab clinics abroad, start by doing some research.
Fortunately, you found a top drug rehab clinic in Phoenix Rehabilitation Center in Israel. Phoenix Center offers amenities and programs you want in a drug rehabilitation clinic, such as:
- Your oxycodone rehab should occur in a comfortable, home-like atmosphere.
- Oxycodone rehab centers should help you remain pain-free of the withdrawal symptoms, thanks to the combined efforts of a physician and a psychiatrist — the best results come from a team approach.
- Oxycodone addiction treatment is a complete course of rehabilitation that must occur in a discreet setting.
- Oxycodone rehab centers should also offer psychological, as well as physical support.
How Oxycodone Addiction Treatment Works
Oxycodone addiction treatment starts by detoxifying your body. Doctors in oxycodone rehab centers may use medication for treating your withdrawal symptoms. This manages your physical and your mental pain, as well as your anxiety.
The goal of oxycodone addiction treatment is overcoming the addiction itself. Oxycodone rehab centers also work to help you return to a life without drugs. The best drug rehab centers in Europe rely on a range of treatment programs as part of its behavioral treatment. Treatment includes:
- Access to professional counselors, trained in substance abuse
- Therapeutic group sessions with psychologists, psychodrama specialists and art therapy experts
- One-on-one sessions with psychiatrists and counsellors
- Outpatient care after you’re released from the oxycodone rehab center
- Support from those who were once in your place, and continue a clean lifestyle
While meeting the minimum standards for oxycodone rehab is great, exceeding these standards is even better. The best drug rehab in Europe makes the process as comfortable as possible while reinforcing the treatment as much as possible so it lasts. The drug rehab with highest success rate offers:
- Massage chairs, available for pain relief and physical dependence relief during the first part of the withdrawal stage
- Art therapy, which allows you to express yourself and your emotions — studies show painting and molding positively affect a person’s psycho-emotional state
- Psychodrama group therapy through theatrical activity, in which you participate in dramatic improvisation to explore your inner world and your outward expression
Seeking Oxycodone Addiction Treatment
When you’re finally ready to seek oxycodone addiction treatment, consider the Phoenix Rehabilitation Center in Israel. It’s one of the best drug rehabilitation centers in Europe … or anywhere! If you’re not an Israeli citizen, you need to arrange a few things before you leave home, such as:
- An up-to-date passport
- Plane tickets there and back
- International health insurance, in case of an emergency
- A medical report stating your overall condition
- Two or three copies of your invitation from Phoenix Center
- Any personal belongings you need for your trip and your stay, which may last anywhere from 60 to 90 days or longer
Your oxycodone addiction treatment can start as soon as you arrive. You’ll find beautiful grounds, a kind and competent staff and, most importantly, a community of others seeking the same thing you are: a return to drug-free life. Receiving help simply requires the willingness to change your life for the better. Come to one of the best rehab clinics abroad.
We Can Help You
For any questions or feedback, please fill out the contact form below – we will be happy to hear from you.